In this tutorial, I will show you how to build full-stack (Vue.js + Node.js + Express + MySQL) example with a CRUD Application. The back-end server uses Node.js + Express for REST APIs, front-end side is a Vue client with Vue Router and axios.
Express is one of the most popular web frameworks for Node.js that supports routing, middleware, view system… Sequelize is a promise-based Node.js ORM that supports the dialects for Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server… In this tutorial, I will show you step by step to build Node.js Restful CRUD API using Express, Sequelize with MySQL database.
You should install MySQL in your machine first. The installation instructions can be found at Official MySQL installation manual.
In this tutorial, we’re gonna build a Spring Boot Rest CRUD API example that use Spring Data JPA to interact with MySQL/PostgreSQL database. You’ll know:
- How to configure Spring Data, JPA, Hibernate to work with Database
- How to define Data Models and Repository interfaces
- Way to create Spring Rest Controller to process HTTP requests
- Way to use Spring Data JPA to interact with PostgreSQL/MySQL Database
GraphQL is a query language that offers an alternative model to developing APIs (REST, SOAP or gRPC) with detailed description.
In this tutorial, we’re gonna build a Spring Boot GraphQL example that will expose CRUD APIs to create, read, update and delete objects in MySQL database with the help of graphql-spring-boot-starter and Spring Data JPA.
In this tutorial, we’re gonna build a Node.js Express example that supports Token Based Authentication with JSONWebToken (JWT). You’ll know:
- Appropriate Flow for User Signup & User Login with JWT Authentication
- Node.js Express Architecture with CORS, Authenticaton & Authorization middlewares & Sequelize
- How to configure Express routes to work with JWT
- How to define Data Models and association for Authentication and Authorization
- Way to use Sequelize to interact with MySQL Database
– Node.js Rest APIs example with Express, Sequelize & MySQL
Heroku is one of the most popular cloud platform as a service (PaaS). We can use it to deploy and manage our application in simple & convenient way. This tutorial guides you through the steps of deploying Node.js app on Heroku with ClearDB and MySQL database. The deployment will be done using Git and Heroku CLI.
Express is one of the most popular web frameworks for Node.js that supports routing, middleware, view system… This tutorial will guide you through the steps of building Node.js Restful CRUD API using Express and interacting with MySQL database.
Before reading the tutorial, please install MySQL in your machine. The installation instructions can be found at Official MySQL installation manual.
– Node.js Rest APIs example with Express & MySQL (including Sequelize)
– Deploying/Hosting Node.js app on Heroku with MySQL database
– Node.js – JWT Authentication & Authorization example